Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Captive Chains of Apple

It grates on me that Apple dictates my taste.  Well, I guess dictate isn't exactly the right word.  Manipulates?  Predicts?  Sends-opinions-into-my-brain?  That's not enough to stop me spreading the hand-picked-Apple love, though. (see what I did there?)  Whoever is in charge of marketing/ads at Apple knows what the fuck they're doing.  And I usually fall for it, like the big sucker I am.  I believe I have mentioned my weakness for catchy music, a void that Apple always fills whenever a new iPod device (or any Apple device, really), comes out.  Yes, I bought this CD.  And was sick of it a month later (but what a catchy month it was!).

This time, though, I really really think they've hit on something genius and long-lasting.  How do I know this?  Because the one song they picked for the new Nano TV ad isn't even the best one!

I am now in love with Miss Li, I think.  Based on her songs and music videos, which I know is a great basis for friendship.  She's like Squirrel Nut Zippers + Kelly Clarkson + Neutral Milk Hotel.  And all those things = Happy Bobblehead Gretchen.  So please, go forth and Youtube, and enjoy this bounty of Swedish goodness.  Or eat some Swedish fish.  Both will give you approximately the same sugar rush.  And you wish you could carry both in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment